(Ropivacaine, Epinephrine, Clonidine, & Ketorolac in Sodium Chloride Solution), 50 mL Fill, 50 mL Syringe
The Answer to More Easily Support Your Orthopedic Surgery Department!
- Patented formula containing Epinephrine
- Pre-filled syringes save your pharmacy time and reduce waste, and make it easy for your O.R. team to simply decant and draw up into their preferred syringe and needle combination
- 100 ml total dose1 is achieved with two 50 ml syringes, as each 50 ml contains: 123 mg Ropivacaine; 0.25 mg Epinephrine; 0.04 mg Clonidine; 15 mg Ketorolac
- 90-day Beyond Use Dating and room temperature storage helps pharmacy improve efficiency and reduce wastage
- Supplied by an FDA registered 503B outsourcing facility
- Shipped directly to your hospital pharmacy and available in all 50 states
Sterile Solution for Periarticular Injection
What is R.E.C.K Injection?
R.E.C.K injection is a patented, non-opioid, ready-to-administer solution for periarticular injection containing the following active ingredients:
- 123 mg (2.46mg/mL) Ropivacaine HCl
- 0.25 mg (0.005mg/mL) Epinephrine
- 0.04 mg (0.0008mg/mL) Clonidine HCl
- 15 mg (0.3mg/mL) Ketorolac Tromethamine
These ingredients are combined in a solution of sodium chloride to provide a total volume of 50 mL per ready-to-administer syringe. The Beyond Use Date (BUD) for R.E.C.K. is 90 days, should be stored at room temperature, and protected from light.
How to use R.E.C.K
Multimodal Pain Management Multimodal therapy is the preferred approach to postoperative pain control for knee replacement surgery, meaning practitioners use Local Infiltrative Analgesia (LIA) cocktail formulations such as R.E.C.K to minimize pain. For example, patients can receive a combination of celecoxib, hydrocodone, gabapentin, acetaminophen, Solu-Cortef, oxycodone, tramadol, ketorolac, and/or hydromorphone.
Here are a few resources that discuss this approach:
- Kelley, Todd C et al. “Efficacy of multimodal perioperative analgesia protocol with periarticular medication injection in total knee arthroplasty: a randomized, double-blinded study.” The Journal of arthroplasty vol. 28,8 (2013): 1274-7.
- Dalury DF. A state-of-the-art pain protocol for total knee replacement. Arthroplast Today. 2016 Feb 12;2(1):23-25.
- Jonathan R. Danoff, Rahul Goel, R. Andrew Henderson, James Fraser, Peter F. Sharkey.Periarticular Ropivacaine Cocktail Is Equivalent to Liposomal Bupivacaine Cocktail in Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty.The Journal of Arthroplasty.2018 Aug 33;8:2455-2459.